Friday, January 16, 2009

garden update

I wanted to check on the progress of our root veggies so I pulled the turnip, beet and carrot a bit early. I ended up using the turnip and beet greens with some kale (not pictured) in a pasta dish for dinner. Naomi ate it up! She also ate all the baby carrots even though I asked her to save one for Dad...she just couldn't resist. Check out the mutant radish in the middle! komatsuna and napa cabbage
spicy lettuce and red cabbage
bok choy

6 comments:

babywren said...

wow. you're such a superstar! that pasta dish sounds delish! can i come over for dinner?

Carlos P said...

Damn, I'm jealous!

Anonymous said...

Aaaaa!! I am so jealous, too!!! I miss gardening terribly.. this -20F weather makes me wanna just hibernate.. I want to be a bear.

I remember my komatsuna was always eaten up by some bugs and they looked like swiss cheese. Yours look so beautiful. Good job! \(^o^)/ mimi

Unknown said...

So awesome! It is like 4 degrees here. So jealous! Love the mutant.

Judy said...

I agree. I'm also soooo jealous. You have such a talent. I suck at these things and I really need to learn how to plant things. Great. Can I come over for dinner too?

Anonymous said...

mmmm beets
gigi