Well, almost...Danny still wants to paint it. We moved the chickens out of the garage (YAY!) and into the coop 2 nights ago.
The chimney looking object is actually our feeder box. I'm guessing that baby can hold up to 30-40 pounds of feed. Which reassures me that the girls won't starve whenever we go out of town.

Inside the coop and the feeder box in action!


So after their first night, in the morning there were paw prints all over the coop! We are quite confident the coop is secure to predators but how scary that must have been for the chickens. It's so Blair Witch.

Seeing this kind of freaked me out. They knew this was the way in!

7 comments:
Seems Danny need to put a better lock so animals cannot get in. Really nice job.
GG
congrats, danny! you're so rad!
i love that ru's always willing to pose for a rad photo = )
xoxo
AMAZING!!! I wish I could enlarge my font much bigger. What a job! GOOD JOB, DAD! Next time I visit, I want to eat a fresh raw egg and rice with soy sauce! yum.... mimi
ps hope those crazy cats won't cause too much stress on the chicken's egg production!
It's really an awesome coop. But those foot prints are scary. Poor chickens. Must really have been a scary first night. Unless they slept through it? :o)
Yikes....is the coop doubling as a mother-in-law suite? Please don't make me sleep out there with the predators!!!!!
Happy Birthday Danny....I'll bake you a cake when you come to Michigan.
Love you all, Gigi
whoa! those paw marks are crazy..!
i can't wait to try some eggs!
this post has everything - drama, danger, fear, architecture, cute baby in "coop-run.jpg". dang.
Post a Comment