Tuesday, August 30, 2011

ni hao!

We got the fantastic news last Wednesday, that Naomi got into one of the Mandarin Chinese Immersion programs in San Francisco. That meant Naomi had the really difficult job of saying goodbye to her already beloved teacher and classmates on Wednesday and start at a new school (all in Mandarin) the very next day. There of course, were lots of tears and a bit of feet stomping, but the next morning she was all smiles and was excited to go. Thankfully, she loves her new school as much as her old one!

This school requires a uniform. YES!


Very first Chinese homework, which Naomi couldn't wait to do. She loved doing homework so much, I got her a composition book so she can keep practicing her characters.

9 comments:

babywren said...

so awesome! we're glad that it all worked out for naomi! yay!! now she can order for me in restaurants... and tell me what's up with the secret menu!

babywren said...

and i'm all for uniforms!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to see this news this morning, You make my day! I was going to ask you today about how is Naomi doing in Chinese school, I can relax now, Thank you Renee ! I know you are busy and tired but you still inform us about what is going on in your family, I really appreciate! The garden looks pretty and Nina is soooo precious! PP

Anonymous said...

Naomi look so cute in her uniform and your front yard turn out really beautiful garden for girls to play amount the plants and flowers. Next project paint the trimming of the house.I will help you do in Dec. GG

kcn said...

Wow, that is so cool. And Nina looks awesome in her school getups.

Dillon's mom said...

That is SO COOL!! Now I'll bet Nina can't wait to start school either so she can be like her big sis!! Exciting!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What wonderful news. I know you worked really hard to determine the best route for Naomi. The uniform is so cute....and I LOVE Nina's...shades and all! New front garden??
I love you all and miss you...thinking about when I can see you next.
Love, Gigi
p.s. Regarding babywren and the"secret menu"...has she been watching "No Reservations" too???

Judy said...

Wow, that's great. I'm so jealous, I wanna learn all of that too. :)

Michelle said...

Great news!