First hive inspection since installing the packages. The bees were extremely docile and let me navigate within their hives without any signs of aggression. I didn't even need to use my smoker. Both hives are looking great with lots of new comb and most importantly, eggs and larvae.
The girls watching from a safe distance.
The girls watching from a safe distance.
Underneath all those bees is a frame of beautifully drawn comb from the top-bar hive. Top-bar hives are considered a more natural way of beekeeping because the bees are allowed to build comb to their own specifications from the top bars.
4 comments:
Danny just be careful make sure know all first aid for bee stings. It just wonderful the girls learning all the nature about bees and chicks! GG
this is really amazing!
I love you all.
Gigi
i can't believe you got bees?!
You're so awesome Renèe. I love how you do all these things and how much love and energy and time you invest. So impressive.
Post a Comment